In the book “Textbook of Physiology”, a significant attempt has been made to meet all the goals as per newly framed MCI guidelines. It furnishes a complete coverage of the subject for students of all disciplines of the medical profession.
Salient features of this textbook:
- The entire text including the figures have been thoroughly revised and updated for all topics so as to achieve the requirements of the competency based undergraduate curriculum.
- Competency in each topic ((i.e. the student should be able to/must know areas of the study) have been added. Each chapter has been organized in the same way.
- Sub-competencies within the topic which can be taught-together-aligned have also been added along with the preview.
- New and modern concepts have been incorporated, simplified and presented so the text is easy to read and follow.
- Study questions have been modified as per requirement of the new Graduate Medical Education Regulation of the MCI.
- Many more clinical pictures have also been incorporated for better understanding of the clinical concepts.
- Self-testing is encouraged by the provision of multiple choice questions (MCQs) at the end of each chapter.
- This textbook contains 205 tables, more than 1350 study questions, 2500 MCQs and 825 figures including flow charts.
Textbook of Physiology (Volumes I and II)
- Dr. A.K. Jain